Beyond its function as a lamp, the Dipping Light seeks to excite. When it??s turned on, its different shades of paint sift the light, creating a magical ambient effect. When it??s off, its colored glass sphere is an object charged with beauty, and eye-catching design piece for a shelf, bedside, or table.
Jordi Canudas is an alchemist of light. He experiments with it, seeking always to be surprised and learn from it. He wants to capture the essence of light. With this goal in mind, the Dipping Light was created as yet another experiment ?C dipping a lit bulb into paint several times ?C with the end result of this table lamp. The various layers of paint draw concentric circles and capture the light, moderating its intensity. The paint becomes the shade, colouring and texturizing the light. A brass base is added for support. This artisanal process will make each lamp a unique and exclusive creation.
- Jordi Canudas, 2018
- Height: 21.2 inch
- Shade Diameter: 11.8 inch
- Base Diameter: 5.9 inch
- Brilliant white blown glass globe with layered paint
- Cylindrical body in brushed brass
- Made by artisans who dip the glass shade in liquid paint. Through this process the lamp takes on characteristics that give it a unique look.
- 8.6W LED SMD 700mA 2700K CRI90 765lm (included)
- Progressive dimmer from 0 to 100
- Cable length 5.75 feet
- cULus listed